Carbodeon uDiamond® Vivace is a high‐quality, aqueous nanodiamond suspension, containing nanodiamonds in clusters of 100nm up to a few microns. It is used as a means to deploy nanodiamonds in aqueous applications, especially where the pH range is outside the stable region of Carbodeon's nanodiamond dispersions (the fully dispersed nanomaterials such as Andante, Hydrogen D and Vox).
The surface functionalisation gives the particles a postiive zeta potential.
The primary application for Vivace is in electroplating with pH<3, for example in hard chrome plating, although other applications also exist and are listed below.
Carbodeon uDiamond® Vivace specific characteristics of the solid material:
- Nanodiamond crystal size 4 - 6 nm
- Nanodiamond content ≥ 97 wt.%
- Oxidisable carbon content ≤ 2.5 wt.%
- Metallic incombustible impurity content ≤ 1.2 wt.%
- Specific surface area ~ 330 m2/g
- Crystal lattice constant 0.3573 ± 0.0005
Carbodeon uDiamond® Vivace specific characteristics in the suspension:
- pH of suspension 4 – 8
- Concentration of nanodiamonds in dispersion 5 wt. %
- Zeta potential: positive
Main application areas include:
- Electrolytic coatings
- Polishing fluids and pastes
- CVD seeding
- Polymer-diamond composites
- Medical and biological applications
- Thermal management solutions